It’s been a while! I’ve been super busy this holiday season and I’m sure everyone else has been as well. Juggling a full-timer + freelance projects + holiday events/gift shopping + birthdays has been quite the challenge. Unfortunately that meant I had to put this baby on the back burner. But I’m happy to say that I’m back! I have some posts lined up so I should be posting regularly again. Christmas is this week so here’s a quick DIY to spruce up your holiday packaging for all of you procrastinators who haven’t wrapped your gifts yet (I’m guilty of this, too)!
What You Need
- Mini clothespins ( I got mine from my local dollar store)
- Gold (or silver or copper!) Sharpie metallic marker
- Plain washi tape of choice (I used red solid MT washi tape)
- Xacto/Box cutter (optional)
- Cut off a piece of your washi tape (enough to cover your clothespin)
- Trim off the excess tape with scissors or an Xacto blade
- If you want the metal part exposed, use the Xacto to cut through the tape *Be careful not to cut your finger off!
- Get creative and draw different patterns using your sharpie marker!
Covering up my blemishes and scars was becoming such a chore so I decided to change up my face cleansing routine. I took care of my face before (kind of) but not enough to not get those occasional breakouts and scarring as a result. Yes, I still get pimples because, well, I’m human. However, I’ve succeeded in making the change from a foundation-concealer-powder every day routine to just BB cream/tinted moisturizer and powder. I do use concealer to cover up my [designer] bags but that’s about it. My acne scars are becoming less visible and I have to thank these products for it. I have oily/combination skin that’s more oily in the summer and dry in the winter. Alongside this routine, I drink tons of water, started eating healthier and exercise regularly.
These products are working for me but it may not have the same results for everyone.
- Lush’s Dark Angel’s Facial Cleanser – This stuff is amazing. It contains black sugar and exfoliates like crazy. It makes my skin baby soft. I use this in the shower since it gets messy and I focus on exfoliating where my acne scars are.
- Dickinson’s Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner – After I cleanse my face, I get a cotton ball, soak it in the toner and rub it over my face. It removes any residue left over from Dark Angel’s and it tightens my pores. I also use this before I put on my moisturizer or BB cream to get rid of any excess oils. Before I used witch hazel, I used an astringent and that stuff dried out my skin. This toner doesn’t. The smell took me a while to get used to but I’ve seen a rose water version that I want to try soon.
- Lush’s Full of Grace Serum – After using a toner, I use this bar to moisturize my face. I rub the bar and activate it with the heat from my hands and put the product all over my face. I only use this at night because it’s a bit heavy for my oily skin.
- Mario Badescu’s Whitening Mask – I use this mask 2-3 times a week but only on my acne scars. It claims to brighten up your face but I just use it to lighten my acne scars. I apply it with a q-tip and wash it off with warm water once it’s dry.
That’s been my face routine for about 2 months and my acne scars are really starting to fade. If you try out any of these products let me know how it works out for you!
Christian and I went to Boiling Point because I was craving their curry fish ball soup. I was craving it but I never even tried it before. I think I saw a vlog or photo of it somewhere and I just had to have it. Does anyone else get weird cravings like that too? The wait to eat there was pretty long so we decided to take some outfit shots. We found a spot that had pretty bright lighting and I haven’t tested out my camera out at night. Not too shabby. Starting to learn how to work that manual mode! If any of you are wondering, I use a Canon 60D with this lens for most of my photos.
Dress (H&M), Boots (Frye Harness), Purse (Rebecca Minkoff), Watch (Relic)
Southern California Fall = Summer clothes + tights + a cardigan. It really hasn’t been that cold lately. It’s been in the 70’s during the day and the high 50’s at night.
Paper Boy Cap (Marshalls), Jacket & Pants (H&M), Sweater (Cotton On), Shoes (Clark’s)
Christian’s first OOTN! Haaaaaay.
Does anyone else play Battle Camp? Some of my good friends play it and both of us are hooked! He’s even playing at the dinner table.
Thank you to the person who invented the macaron ice cream sandwich. This one is matcha green tea flavored and it really hit the spot after that delicious hot soup. Now I really want another one.